violetadpersia

The Golden Ages of children´s literature

Post by violetadpersia »

Good morning,
I have read your blog about the three Golden Ages of Children´s Literature which are really interesting to me. I would like to mention them in an exam, but I need to rely on some bibliography to do it. I have been looking up on internet, but I haven´t found any reference. Would you mind to share with me some bibliography about these Golden Ages?

Thank you very much indeed.
Slap Happy Larry

Re: The Golden Ages of children´s literature

Post by Slap Happy Larry »

If you ever need references for a paper, try the library of the institution in which you're enrolled. Your fees should include access to many journals. I recommend asking one of the librarians for further help.
violetadpersia

Post by violetadpersia »

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It is hard difficult to find a complete library about such a concrete topic where I live. For this reason I asked you for your help. I have been looking up if there is other source which mentions these three Golden Ages unsuccessfully. I would like to know if this concept does exists or if it has been created by the author of this blog. If it were the first case, I would be very grateful that you could mention just one author who could come to your mind so that I could start a research.

Thanks a bunch for taking your time for answering me.
Slap Happy Larry

Post by Slap Happy Larry »

The First and Second Golden Ages of Children's Literature certainly isn't a concept made up by me. The stuff about the Third and "Fourth Golden Age" (not a thing?) is my own speculation about how modern books seem different now.

I published that post years ago and add new bits and pieces occasionally (that's how I work). All I can say is, around that time I was reading the books of Maria Nikolajeva, so I'm pretty sure I'd have got a lot of it from Nikolajeva. I may have also been reading Peter Neumeyer? I was also listening to podcasts on iTunes U from an Australian university course on children's literature but iTunes U no longer even exists. (When links break, my blog automatically gets rid of them.)

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'd recommend reading the work of Maria Nikolajeva anyway, as she's been the most mind-blowing as far as my own understanding of children's literature goes.